Skip to content

Register your mobile device with PTA

According to a directive issued by the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), mobile users now need to register their cellular devices with the authority.

Users can register their device via SMS by sending the IMEI number to 8484. Device’s IMEI number can be checked by dialling *#06# Moreover, registration can also be done via website or mobile application.

The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority had earlier sent notification to all mobile users asking them to register their smartphones and GSM devices before October 20.

Mobile phones not registered by the given date will be blocked by PTA.

For verification via website please click here

Frequently asked questions after July 2019 amendments;

133 thoughts on “Register your mobile device with PTA”

  1. sir ek free nahe hey mene wife k lye 1 mobile saudi se bheja SAMSUNG GALAXY A10 us par 5440 RS tax arha hey PTA ka msg aya he

  2. Dear Sir I have to register my mobile with different Passport number and I have lost first id msgs so it showing error imei already exist in the system.

  3. Sir my father has one phone registered in pakistan now he is visiting uk and bought a new phone.
    How can he register this and does he have to pay tax on it when he goes back to pakistan.
    Thanks in advance

    1. Dear Ayaz sahib
      Your father will have to pay tax and register mobile within 60 days after arrival in Pakistan. He can easily register at mobile phone franchises as well.

  4. Several time I try to registered my my phone from abroad ,when I am trying I am not getting access to open web site or application where I fill up my details an not yet any plan to near future travel to Pakistan an earlier I want to register my device would you like to guide me how I can?

    1. Dear Abid sahib
      You cannot register your phone while outside Pakistan. When you come back, you can still use your phone and register later at any mobile phone franchise conveniently in case you want to leave it in Pakistan.

  5. There are two types of registeration. One for international traveller and one for foreigners (travelled on visa). I applied via sms for registeration for international traveller but am eligible for travelled on visa. My process of registeration is in process and I cannot change this mode of registeration. Can you please help me how I can change my in process registeration from international traveller to travelled on visa?

Leave a Reply