The salient features of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa budget for year 2011-12 presented by Finance Minister KPK Hamyun Khan on Saturday, are as follows:
- It is a balance budget of Rs.249.15 billion.
- 15 per cent raise in salaries and 20 per cent in pension of government employees, while 25 per cent increase in house rent allowance.
- Rs.149.988 billion to be received from federal government in head of federal taxes.
- Rs.18.202 billion to be generated in head of war against terrorism.
- Annual Development Program (ADP) year 201112 Rs. 85141 million which is 15 % of last year’s ADP.
- Provincial government share in developmental program is Rs. 69.283 billion, which is 15% more of ongoing fiscal.
- Social sector get maximum 32 percent funds in ADP.
- Foreign assistance expected to KP government in fiscal year 2011-12 is Rs. 16112.70 million for 39 projects.
- Rs. 10142 million allocated for 96 projects in education sector, health to get Rs. 6571.245 million, while social sector 480 million.
- Rs. 1 billion for Bacha Khan Self-employment scheme 6992 new vacancies for youth.
- Rs. 50 million for talented students under “Stori (stars) of Pakhtunkhwa” scheme.
- Rs. 1520.300 million for district development funds.
- Rs. 1300 million for Pakhtunkhwa Hunarmand Rozgar Scheme.
- Supplementary budget of Rs. 25.36 billion tabled for approval.
- Rs. 7.1452 billion for PDMA.
- Rs. 1.5 billion release for Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Hospital, Shaukat Khanum Memorial Hospital, Frontier Foundation, Ittefaq Foundation and Bannu Medical College.
- Total debt against the provincial government is Rs. 123110.037 million.
Copyright Associated Press of Pakistan