Overseas Pakistani Friends Helpline 243

Dear Friends

Every day I receive a lot of emails from the visiting friends seeking my help to resolve their issues. Most of the people are not aware of the fact that I myself am an ordinary overseas Pakistani and cannot do anything good for them.  I wish I could be of some help for them but in most of the cases I find myself unable to extend a helping hand. Now I have decided to post all those complaints here.

I shall try to forward all genuine complaints to Overseas Pakistanis Foundation and other concerned departments, where possible. I would also like to request visiting friends to help the complainants if possible by giving them a better advice and provide useful information if they have it.

Today I have received a message from an overseas Pakistani lady residing in Qatar, which I am posting here.

I am also posting the details of the law against land grabbing, along with all the contact details of Overseas Pakistanis Foundation officials.


Law against Land Grabbing

The Gazette of Pakistan





Acts, Ordinances, President’s Orders and Regulations
Islamabad, the 6th July, 2005

The following Act of Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament) received the assent of the President on 30th June, 2005, is hereby published for general information:-


An Act to curb the activities of the property grabbers

WHEREAS it is expedient to protect the lawful owners and occupiers of immovable properties from their illegal or forcible dispossession there from by the property grabbers;

It is hereby enacted as follows:-

1. Short title, extent and commencement

(1) This Act may be called the Illegal Dispossession Act, 2005 It extends to the whole of Pakistan. It shall come into force at once.

2. Definitions

In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context, “Court” means the Court of Session; “Code” means the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898 (Act V of 1898); “occupier” means the person who is in lawful possession of a property; “owner” mean the person, who actually owns the property at the time of his dispossession, otherwise than through a process of law; and “Property” means immovable property.

3. Prevention of illegal possession of property, etc

(1) No one shall enter into or upon any property to dispossess, grab, control or occupy it without having any lawful authority to do so with the intention to dispossess, grab, control or occupy the property from owner or occupier of such property.Whoever contravenes the provisions of the sub-section (1) shall, without prejudice to any punishment to which he may be liable under any other law for the time being in force, be punishable with imprisonment which may extend to ten years and with fine and the victim of the offence shall also be compensated in accordance with the provision of section 544 A of the Code.

4. Cognizance of offence

(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Code or any law for the time being in force, the contravention of section 3 shall be triable by the Court of Session on a complaint. (2) The offence under this Act shall be non-cognizable. (3) The Court at any stage of the proceedings may direct the police to arrest the accused.

5. Investigation and procedure

(1) Upon a complaint the Court may direct the officer-in-charge of police station to investigate and complete the investigation and forward the same within fifteen days to the Court. Provided the Court may extend the time within which such report is to be forwarded in case where good reasons are shown for not doing so within the time specified in this sub-section.

(2) On taking cognizance of a case, the Court shall proceed with the trial from day to day and shall decide the case within sixty days and for any delay, sufficient reasons shall be recorded.

(3) The Court shall not adjourn the trial for any purpose unless such adjournment is in its opinion, necessary in the interest of justice and no adjournment shall in any case be granted fro more than seven days.

6. Power to attach property

(1) If the Court is satisfied that none of the persons are in possession immediately before the commission of the offence, the Court may attach the property until final decision of the case. (2) In case of attachment, the methods of its management, safeguard against natural decay or deterioration shall be determined by the Court.

7. Eviction and mode of recovery as interim relief

(1) If during trial the Court is satisfied that a person is found prima facie to be not in lawful possession, the Court shall, as an interim relief direct him to put the owner or occupier, as the case may be, in possession.

(2) Where the person against whom any such order is passed under sub-section (1) fails to comply with the same, the Court shall, notwithstanding any other law for the time being in force, take such steps and pass such order as may be necessary to put the owner or occupier in possession.

(3) The Court may authorize any official or officer to take possession for securing compliance with its orders under sub-section (1). The person so authorized may use or cause to be used such force as may be necessary.

(4) If any person, authorized by the Court, under sub-section (3), requires police assistance in the exercise of his power under this Act, he may send a requisition to the officer-in-charge of a police station who shall on such requisition render such assistance as may be required.

(5) The failure of the officer-in-charge of police station to render assistance under sub-section (4) shall amount to misconduct for which the Court may direct departmental action against him.

8. Delivery of possession of property to owner, etc.

(1) On conclusion of trial, if the Court finds that an owner or occupier of the property was illegally dispossessed or property was grabbed in contravention of section 3, the Court may, at the time of passing order under sub-session.

(2) of that section, direct the accused or any person claiming through him for restoration of the possession of the property to the owner or, as the case may be, the occupier, if not already restored to him under section 7. (2) For the purpose of sub-section (1), the Court may, where it is required, direct the officer-in-charge of the police station for such assistance as may be required for restoration of the possession of the property to the owner or, as the case maybe, the occupier.

9. Application of Code.

(1) Unless otherwise provided in this Act, the provisions of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898 (V of 1898), shall apply to proceedings under this Act.
Acting Secretary


Email: opdivison@opf.gov.pk

Contact OPF

Shahrah-e-Jamhouriat, Sector G-5/2,
Post Box No. 1470, Islamabad (Pakistan).
U.A.N: 111-040-040

Postal Code # 44000

Phone # 051 – 9203267, 9048320

Fax # 051 – 9224335, 051 – 9211613

E-mail: info@opf.org.pk

Contact Officials

You may contact the Officers of OPF at the following address:

Overseas Pakistanis Foundation
G-5/2, Shahrah-e-Jamhuriat,

Contact PersonDesignationExtensionTelephone (Direct)E-mail

Syed Nayyar Hasnain Haider

Managing Director9219119md@opf.org.pk


Secretary OPF/BOG4059205122hur.khan@opf.org.pk
CH. SHAHZAD IQBALJD (Pers)2119224517
MUHAMMAD ARSHAD ALIJD (MIS)2879206122arshad@opf.org.pk
ADMIN SECTION218admin@opf.org.pk
PERSONNEL SECTION222personnel@opf.org.pk


HOUSING DIVISION251housing@opf.org.pk
WORKS SECTION236housing@opf.org.pk


FINANCE SECTION265finance@opf.org.pk


Director /Officiating Secretary BOG4139213582
EDUCATION DIVISION248education@opf.org.pk


M. BASHIR ABIDGM4259210154
A. B. RUBINAJD3079220854
WELFARE & SERVICES DIVISION308 / 310welfare@opf.org.pk
COMPLAINT CELL294complaints@opf.org.pk
FERC SECTION289ferc@opf.org.pk
Registration Section292regn@opf.org.pk
ERC Section296erc@opf.org.pk


Acting Executive Director4229206687pension@opf.org.pk
ABRAR-UN-NABI BAIGHead of Investment / Fund Manager2889216358



Complaint Cell

Under the directive of Chief Executive in Pakistan, a Complaint Cell had been established in the Ministry of Labour, Manpower & OPs on 14th June, 2001 directing OPF to expeditiously process the complaints of overseas Pakistanis received through the Complaints Cell of the Ministry. Subsequently, a Complaint Cell has been established/reorganised in OPF (Welfare & Services Division) on 19-09-2003.

The cell deals with the following nature of complaints/grievances, which are usually received through Complaint Cell established in the Prime Minister’s Secretariat, Ministry of LM&OPs, Foreign Mission Abroad as well directly from the OPs:-

  • Property Disputes and Housing Societie
  • Family Disputes
  • Criminal Cases
  • Telephone connection/problems
  • Electricity connections/problems
  • Sui Gas connection/problems
  • Water connection
  • PIA/Other Airlines cases
  • Employments requests/recommendations
  • Financial Matters/Disputes
  • Bank related matters
  • Co-operative Societies/Taj Companys Claims
  • Advisory Services/General information
  • Any other nature of complaints

The above assignments have been divided (subject wise) into three main sections, which are handled by Assistant Directors under the guidance of Joint Director (Complaint Cell) and supervision of General Manager (Welfare & Services) being head of the Division.

Before the establishment of complaint cell, the above nature complaints were dealt by the Services Section, Welfare & Services Division, OPF, Islamabad. Since 1982, about 19,439 cases of above nature have been received, out of which 163,41 have been settled/action taken up to 31st January, 2007.


  • 1. After examining the case in detail, the compliant received in OPF Head Office (Complaint Cell) is disposed off within 3/ 4 days positively. As per directions of Minister of State the complaint is acknowledged the same on the next day.
  • 2. All complaints related to various provinces received at OPF Head Office are forwarded to OPF Regional Offices (Regional Heads) nominated as focal points vide PM, Secretariat U.O No. 1(1)/2003-OP (CC) Part dated 08-11-2003, already circulated vide OPF Head Office Letter No. 3014/26/Com.Cell/01 dated 25th November, 2003. Whereas, the complaints relates to the accessible Districts to Head Office (i.e. Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Jhelum, Chakwal, Attock, Gujrat, Mandi Bahauddin, Sargodha, Mianwali, Layyah, Khushab, Bakhar, Faisalabad, Haripur, Abbottabad, Manshera, Batgram, Shangla,, Muzaffarabad, Bagh, Rawalakot, Suddontti) are dealt directly by the Complaint Cell at OPF Head Office.
  • 3. The Regional office take up the case with the concerned authorities/department (focal points) for their appropriate action with a copy to applicant and OPF Head Office (Complaint Cell) within 2/3 days after receipt of complaint.
  • 4. First written reminder is issued after two weeks from the date of issue of original letter. The second reminder is sent to concerned quarters accordingly.
  • 5. If no response is received from the concerned department even after two reminders, the Regional Heads are requested to either send an officer to concerned department or talk to higher authorities for the resolution of complaint. The similar procedure will be followed in the Head Office. Such an action is required for two reasons. There are possibilities that letter has not reached the concerned quarters. If not received, the same is sent on correct address.
  • 6. The outcome from the concerned quarter is conveyed directly to the applicants by the Regional Office under intimation to Head Office (Complaint Cell).
  • 7. Regional offices submit their progress report on the required proforma on monthly basis for perusal of competent authority.
  • 8. Where the complaint remains unresolved despite efforts made by the Regional offices the matter is referred to Head Office for immediate and appropriate action at a senior level.

Contactt address

Mr. Israr Khan Jamali

Director Welfare & Services
OPF Head Office,
Shahrah-e-Jamhuriat, G-5/2, Islamabad
Ph: 051 – 9219122

Click for online complaint submission to wafaqi Mohtasib 

Leave a Reply

243 thoughts on “Overseas Pakistani Friends Helpline

  • Ruby khan

    Hi I m in Hong kong ., and my mother pass away as she got 5 property in hazro and attock which she handed the all original documents to me and Kabza group Iqbal Khan plus meer enterprises they forcing me to send the documents to them or give them inteqal num of the property to them . As my father , brother ,bolt there share and now sister selling it . But I m not selling it as the way they doing is illegal way . Pls advice me what shall I do as I m not in Pakistan and the money they giving is v v less. Mashood from meer enterprises he Is giving me hard time.

  • rina

    i want admission in punjab university of pakistan as a overseas student.and university VC wants my residency letter how i collect this letter.i am from madina city of saudi arabia.please inform me how i get this letter and how to approve it from embassy

  • Omer Nawaz

    Dear sir I am resident of Sharjah UAE, our parents were passed away couple of years ago. We are 3 brothers and 2 sister living in UAE and one sister lives in Pakistan and another one is in London. We have property in Faislabad Pakistan and we came to know from reliable source that our elder brother has transferred one of the commercial house on his name without informing us and when we asked him that why you did that so he replied do whatever you want to do I will not gonna give that house any of you. I will be coming Pakistan after Eid and I need to sort this problem out. Please guide me that from where shall I take my first step. My rest of sisters and brother they want that house back. I can take any legal action according to the Pakistan Law. My contact number is +971 55 707 7688 Omer. Regards

  • Amail

    No one is going to help even the courts have a same issue had registered the case in court even after the stay order has continue the construction on a plot

  • snobiya

    its snobiya from saudia arabia .
    i have contact opf so many times but no respond i have a property problm .
    my property is grabed by someone else the person says either give as money or give as plot our property has been fully registered the police dont response the opf even dont where shal we go my father has been in saudia for 35 years he isnt able to come pak n see the property kindly if any one can help do let me know plzzzz

  • Gaz


    I have an issue which has caused considerable stress and unnecessary problems and would kindly appreciate if you point me in right direction to resolve this issue.

    My Grandad’s (2) bought property in 1970 in Rawalpindi Pakistan and on the original papers the names were as follows;

    Mr. Din (Grandad)- Passed Away..
    Mr. Mohammad (Grandad)-Passed Away..
    Mr. A.Rashid – ( Incorrect Name Rashid), This should be corrected to Mr. M. Hussain
    Mr. Rehman (My Uncle) Passed few Years ago…

    My Father has spent many years working away and did not relise this until few Years ago and my Uncle was in Pakistan but did not do much…

    When my Grandad died, there was NO INTIQAAL done and my uncles name is correct on papers, But my question is my uncles children wont testify to confirm my Fathers Identity to correct his name on the property.

    Pls can you tell me what is the correct procedure to correct this name on the Papers and what does my Father need to show to prove his identity??? How can this be corrected and how long does the procedure take??


    • khawaja Arsalan

      your dad has to come to pakistan .prove his identity show all original papers .prove that he is son of the previous owners .after all work an ad would be given in news paper regarding the claim and ownership of land .if no one comes to claim the name would be changed .some bribe will have to be given to the workers in office .other wise it’s very difficult

      • Gaz

        Dear Khawaja

        Thanks. However, how long will this process take, as my Father is Ill so he cannot travel frequently? My uncles children don’t want to give any “confirmation” that this is thier Uncle etc…Do we need them, as there dads name is correct so all ok for them!

        We have showed all papers for last 4-5 Years and still our cousin states that we need “BEYAN” from uncle family before it can be corrected, What is the correct and quickest solution…am hearing different versions form ppl!!!!

        If my Father is not able to come and Can I come on his behalf and produce all relevent papers….? What is the limit of giving the name in News Paper?

  • Khan

    OPF scheme in zone 5 is still not complete and still showing 72 % complete. May Allah give OPF and the goverment the guidence to complete this scheme.
    I donot understand why are they delaying, we are the overseas Pakistani are suffering. Please let us live as well in our beloved land before we die.

  • Tahira Malik

    Respected AbdulRahim Sahib,

    I have filled and sent those applications. I am really grateful to you , may allah reward you with his blessings.


    Tahira Malik

  • Tahira Malik

    I am in dire need of help from your office with regards to an illegal occupation of a portion of my house.
    We have been living in Canada from last 15 years; meanwhile we managed to construct a house in Wah Cantt Pakistan. My late father was supervising the construction of subject house. Unfortunately he was diagnosed with cancer in December 2011 and got into treatment for two years.
    Now we are planning to come back and live in our home.

    But meanwhile a person named Raja Tahir Son of Raja Muhammad Ayub illegally occupied the upper portion of the house F-52, Officers Colony Wah Cantt Pakistan. Without my knowledge and is not vacating the house. He is creating harassments by doing Firings every now and then in the air to scare people around him. If any of my relative goes to him and asks him to vacate the house he threatens them and falsely implicates them in civil court. All those false allegations have been dismissed.

    I do not have any tenant agreement with him of any sort nor did my late Father had any.
    Living outside of Pakistan, we cannot afford costly travel to Pakistan back and forth and lengthy litigation which costs lots of money and time. Nor do we have that much time from our Jobs.

    I hereby request to all in this application though your office to please ask local authorities to sympathetically look into the matter and help me and my family

  • asm

    Aslam o alkum respected . mujhay information chahiye kay meray mohally main ek khaali plot hai
    jis ka owner ka kuch pata nahi ek admi owner honay ka claim kerta hai but documents nahi hain us kay pass us admi nay plot main 2 marla road ki jaga per bhi qabza kiya hua hai jis waja say last 2 ghar walon ko kaafi parking aur gali kay tang honay ka masla derpaish hai ap meri help karin aur mujhay batain kay main iss plot ki complain kahan karon aur iss khaalli plot ko govt kay ki possession main kaisy liya jaye ga. thanx email i.d asma_shah12@outlook.com

  • Muhammad Azeem

    Hi Sir,

    I owned a property in karachi. All the legal document is with my name. At the time of purchase i took 10 lakh from my uncle. total porperty value was 51 Lakh. After my uncle death , my cousion launched a case in Sindh high copurt against me and claiming that this property belongs to his father.

    This case is going on in Sindh high court from last 1 Year but still there is no positive outcome. he is always dealying and taking future dates.

    I want to sale this property but due to case in court cant sale it. Please suggest somthing to resolve this matter at earliest .


    Muhammad Azeem

  • sheikh imran

    C.d.a islamabad NY hamain makan Ka handover nahin diya. Hamary waqeel ny muqadmy ko time bar per la ker kharab ker diya hai. Plz help me Sir.

  • gulzar

    Dear sir there must be people living at your end and interested to purchase properties specially in twin capital cities rawalpindi Islamabad pakistan If there is good down payment and good instalment from buyer then plot can be given on time basis Also for house we can wait for some time, can cooperate pls discuss