Dark circles Round the eyes are one of the most common health problems. Around nine out of 10 people have dark circles around their eyes.
There are various causes of dark circles which include, age, fatigue, stress or depression, nutrient deficiency, hyper pigmentation, sun exposure, and excess use of drugs and medicines.
Though there are medical and even surgical treatments for dark circles, however, below are easy remedies which help reduce them.
* Make a paste using a teaspoon of tomato juice, half a teaspoon lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric powder and a pinch of gram flour. Apply the paste on the dark circles for 10 minutes. This is a very effective remedy for the darkness under the eyes.
* Apply cucumber or potato juice on the eyes with cotton balls. Apply a mixture of lemon and tomato juice on the dark circles twice a day.
* Cold tea bags, and chopped cucumbers placed on eyes for 10 to 15 minutes also soothe the eyes and help reduce dark circles
* Tomato juice along with mint leaves, lemon juice and salt is a good remedy for dark circles.
* Use of sunglasses also helps to protect eyes from UV rays.
* Drinking adequate amount of water also helps to prevent dark circles under the eyes
* Almond oil is considered best in removing dark circles. Massage the area with the oil at night before going to bed.
* Keeping cotton balls dipped in rose water under the eyes for 10 minutes daily also helps reduce dark circles.The News