Iron is an essential mineral that the body needs to make red blood cells. The US National Library of Medicine says these people are at greater risk for iron deficiency, and should ask their doctor about getting enough iron-rich foods:
* Menstruating women, and those with especially heavy periods.
* Women who are pregnant or who have recently had a baby.
* People who are long-distance runners.
* People with a bleeding ulcer or intestinal bleeding disorder.
* People who donate blood often.
* People with conditions that reduce their ability to absorb nutrients from food.
Courtesy: The News, 22/8/2008