If your child has been prescribed glasses, you may have a difficult time getting your child to wear them.
The Children’s Physician Network offers these suggestions:
* Let your child choose the frames, and be sure to give lots of compliments on how great they look.
* Start out having your child wear the glasses for short periods, until they become more comfortable.
* Encourage your child to wear glasses while doing something enjoyable, such as watching a movie or reading a book.
* Don’t nag the child about wearing glasses, but praise them when they do.
* Wearing glasses should be part of the daily routine, much like teeth brushing or getting dressed.
* Mention sports heroes, actors or family members who wear glasses.
Source: The News, 23/7/2008